My Most Recent QSO's

Friday, May 31, 2013

First Class Operator Club


I worked a station last night which was especially rewarding to me. Everyone on the bands this month is aware of the FOC - 75th Anniversary . I have eleven of them in my log book now. I've causally worked them "just because they're on the air" and I love working "Special Event Stations". Last night (the end of the GMT month) there were so many FOC stations on the air, they were impossible to ignore.

This month, not including the US stations, I've worked FOC stations in England, Bermuda, and France; and unexpectedly, I heard this Russian station (R75FOC) in the midst of a big pile up. This particular station was just above the Black Sea of the opposite side of Turkey. I've previously worked stations in this area, but never a "Special Event Station" at 5,573 miles.

In a swarm of bees, it's not  an easy task.

Needless to say, I especially enjoyed "spotting" this station and adding my QRP-3W designation. Personally, I like reading the "remarks" on DX clusters. I know they're not necessary, but in my case, I just can't waste the opportunity to let the world know that "QRP" is a viable option for  DX work.

My DX contact into Russia last night, marks my 103rd for the single month of MAY.

I didn't make a blog entry for yesterday but I worked several stations; 


I've worked the Cuban station (CO8LY) so many times, I actually dropped my power down to one watt. The last few days, I've been listening to the 20 meter QRP frequency around "lunch time" and have been working stations regularly.

The contact with Ecuador was a nice one. 



No comments: