My Most Recent QSO's

Saturday, February 25, 2012

France on 10 Meters

Radio time this week has almost come to a halt due to a new family member. His name is "Timmy".    


My first morning chore is a walk before breakfast. Then at "noon" , another walk, and also an "evening" walk. But despite the changes to the household, I'm glad we got him; because he was soon headed to the kennel, where his fate would have been decided by chance.

Timmy is a rescue dog. 

I'll need time to squeeze in the radio as I alter my routine. The wife an I are both spending time with this little fellow. (He's SO Cute) This morning, after his walk, and our breakfast, I tuned into the 10 meter band. It  took only a few moments to work F6KHM in Brest, France. 


I also heard a strong G2KG in England; but couldn't work him. A little later, while tuning around on 20 meters, I heard a very strong W5XX who was working a contest from Warren County Mississippi. At only  650 miles, he certainly was not a long distance; but I worked him with only one watt of power.   

I wish I could have spent a little more time on the radio; but it was soon time to walk the dog again. Hihi 

7 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good evening John, nice little fella and it's great to have a dog around. They offer that other edge to things and a way of getting exercise as well.
Enjoy

Jspiker said...

Hello Mike,

He seems to like radio too.He's a patient little guy when I'm on the air.

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello John, what a great little dog. He will give you all so much fun. Enjoy. 73, Bert

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi John,
What a nice little dog. I can understand you will spent some time with him. 10 meter is so now and then open for a few hours. Always good to check. 73 Paul

Jspiker said...

Hello Bert,

Thanks for your comments. I think he will work out fine. I've developed your philosophy about very strong stations. I start returning my call with one watt now.

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your comments too. I found ten meters open this morning and worked two in France, one in Puerto Rico, and one near Mexico City.

KC9IQW said...

Even your dog is QRP John! Congrats on the new family member. Very best of 73 de Tom, ab9nz

Jspiker said...

Thanks Tom,

I'm surprised that he sits patiently on my lap when I'm on the radio. Perhaps CW is music to his ears?

Thanks for the compliment.