My Most Recent QSO's

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Slow (QRP) Boat Heading Home



I got these two "cards" from the E-QSL site this afternoon. As you can see, this was another 2xQRP contact.  I worked this station back in May, while Oleg (UR5FA/MM) was steaming from South America to the Ukraine. (see previous post)


I felt incredibly lucky to work him "twice" (within two different days)  while in the same approximate area. (Grid square GK 57 and GK 91). The black square is where his Yeasu FT-817 ND @ 5 watts with a long wire stretched among the rigging.

This is a regularly scheduled "trip" which he makes between the Ukraine and South America. I'm sure someone will "spot" him on the DX Clusters when he's within QRP range of North America.(on his next trip)  I was VERY happy to get these cards today. I sent him one of my "custom" cards in return.

No comments: