My Most Recent QSO's

Thursday, June 23, 2011

EA4FLY Spain


An unusual catch this evening, EA4FLY was very weak and only audible for a couple of minutes. I was barely able to copy him, although he gave me a 549 report. This antenna is a mystery to me. (Anyone familiar with this one might let me know). Jose (EA4FLY) is from the small town on Pinto, near Madrid Spain. It's the home of the 2007 Tour de France winner Alberto Contador.

This race is one of my favorites. I'm amazed that riders can cover such long distances, over various terrain, and at such fast speeds. It's just astounding to me.

Just as mysteriously as this Spanish station was to catch, I heard a very strong DF4FQ in Germany. He heard me but the band died so quickly I thought for a moment I had imagined it. No kidding....he was gone before I could answer.

I feel real good with this DX (#94) contact. It gives me hope again.

No comments: