My Most Recent QSO's

Sunday, March 6, 2011

YV5EED Venezuela #56


The last two weekends have been a fantastic DX time for me. Last weekend I was getting about twice the distance with half the effort by using CW, but this weekend was the ARRL DX International Phone Contest. Since the band was so responsive, I dusted off the microphone (for this once a year event) and it paid off big time in my DX log.

For reasons I can't explain, the band went South this evening.

I started off in the usual western direction and worked TM6M and TM1W. Both were located in France. But after those, everything was towards South America. I worked Cuba again (CO6LC), and then KP2M in the Virgin Islands, and on to HK1X in Columbia. (incredibly loud). My last contact before the end of the contest was YV5EED in Venezuela.



I've worked more 20 meter DX stations,  in the last two weeks, than I've previously worked  in the last two years.

Is the new solar cycle up and running now?.......I'd say without a doubt.....YES! 

The last station I worked in Venezuela was my 56th DX Contact.

In the last two weeks, I've worked Cuba (twice), Costa Rica (Twice), Spain (twice), Bermuda, Puerto Rico (once at 5 watts and another at 1 watt), Croatia, Sweden, England (twice), Bulgaria, France (4 times), Africa, Germany, Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.

I've also earned two more 1000 mile per watt awards! 

No comments: