My Most Recent QSO's

Saturday, September 12, 2009

New QSL Cards

I found these two cards in the mail a few days ago when I returned from Washington DC.
Maybe it's just my age, (I'm still pretty young at 61) but it seems the only thing I've done the last few weeks is attend funerals. I know death is the beginning of a new life but it's also a lot of pain for family members. I wish there was more I could do to ease the transition for them.
Anyway....I worked OK1KW in the Czech Republic and also a Submarine (USS Requin SS 481) near Pittsburgh, PA just before I was called to the sad occasions.

I got nice e-mails from both these guys and will send them return cards very soon. I was really surprised that OK1KW took the time to send this card.
Postage rates aren't cheap these days.
You can see the "radio room" in the Submarine by looking at the Club Newsletter on the NAQCC site. There's a link on the right side of this web page. Read the current monthly edition to see this article.

No comments: